Fun and Educational Activities
By Ms. Frances Acin
Summer is a fun time for our kids; however, we want to make it entertaining and educational for them. Here are some activities to help make your summer delightful and engaging.
- Construct a backyard obstacle course with hula hoops, jump ropes, sticks, stones, hoses, and other materials from around the house.
- Encourage your child to decorate their bikes with fun streamers, stickers, and flags, then go on the most epic bike ride ever!
- Invite summertime birds to your yard with a DIY bird feeder.
- Learn to cook something new! Grilled cheese and chocolate chip cookies are the best!
- Have an at-home picnic.
- Paint something creative outside!
- Take an inspiring tour of your local emergency station.
- Go fishing!
- My personal favorite, decorate rocks! You can decorate them with paint, markers, glitter, and any other art supply that you might have.
- Go hiking! Visit wonderful landmarks.
- Arrange a scavenger hunt! What adventurous child doesn’t love a scavenger hunt?
Whatever you end up doing, always remember to stay safe and, most importantly, have tons of fun!!