Family Reading Projects
Are you reading a book with your family? Here are some fun activities you can do together! If you make something, we'd love to see you present it in class!
- Create a sculpture of a character. Use any combination of soap, wood, clay, sticks, wire, stones, old toy pieces, or any other object.
- Write a diary that one of the story’s main characters might have kept before, during, or after the book’s events. Remember that the character’s thoughts and feelings are very important in a diary.
- Write a book review, as it would be done for a newspaper.
- Construct a diorama (three-dimensional scene which includes models of people, buildings, plants, and animals) of one of the main events of the book.
- Write and perform an original song that tells the story of the book.
- Design a book jacket for the book.
- Draw a comic strip of your favorite scene.
- Write a different ending for your story.
- Make a timeline of all events in the book.
- Make a poster advertising your book so someone else will want to read it too!