SLO (Student Learning Outcomes)
SLOs: what all students should know, understand, and be capable of by graduation
To meet the demands of the 21st century,
CalPac graduates will be:
Creative and Complex Thinkers
- Students will propose, evaluate, and use a variety of strategies, tools, and skills to produce solutions.
- Students demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze problems from multiple perspectives including real-world situations.
- Students exhibit intellectual courage by advocating for their own learning, seeking help when needed, and persevering when challenged.
- Students are able to actively engage in a variety of topics through polite and respectful conversation.
- Students exhibit articulate, effective, and persuasive communication orally, visually, and in writing to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of methods.
- Students will engage in cooperative relationships with teachers and peers.
- Students use technology in various forms to effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge.
- Students are prepared to meet the demands of college or career; demonstrating various skills in seeking employment and/or college admission.
- Students show respect for self and others and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Students will make positive contributions to their community (e.g. register to vote, care for environment, volunteer).
Empowered and Independent Learners
- Students are self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and demonstrate self-corrective thinking.
- Students are curious, inquisitive thinkers, dedicated to lifelong learning.
- Students plan and study effectively and efficiently using time management skills.
- Students actively participate in the creation and pursuit of personal, academic, and professional goals.