CalPac utilizes the Edgenuity homeschool curriculum, which promotes high levels of engagement through:
- Embedded Video Lectures
- Interactive Online Course Content
- Virtual School Laboratories
- One-On-One Teacher Support
- Instant Course Work Feedback
- Alignment to the California State Standards
CalPac offers a online school curriculum that is designed to be accessible for all students grades 6-12 in California; with flexible pacing and multiple paths to achieve and demonstrate mastery.
We have designed our online education program and homeschool curriculum to appeal to a variety of learning styles. Below are some examples of how our online program addresses the needs of different types of learners:
- Visual Learners – Each online course includes a direct instruction component that allows a student to watch a video of an instructor teaching the day's lesson. This particular aspect of our curriculum allows visual learners to sit back and watch the lesson before moving on to other assignments. They can pause, rewind, and watch all videos again – just in case they missed anything the first time.
- Auditory Learners – Many of CalPac's assignments include listening components where students are able to learn words and key phrases not only by reading the definition but by hearing the word read to them and used in a sentence.
- Linguistic Learners – In addition to interactive videos, assignments and lectures, CalPac's online curriculum also allows student many opportunities to learn content by reading lessons and typing notes as they go.
- Kinesthetic /"Hands On" Learners – Virtual learning has never been more hands-on, allowing students to learn remotely while also giving them the opportunity to actively partici
CALPAC believes that students can successfully work toward graduation thorughout High School via an online school platform, while enjoying the benefits of a flexible schedule, in the safety of their own homes.
Click here for a list of courses and course descriptions.